Do you have a Silver Dollar City bucket list for Christmas? If you’re a regular guest during this magical time of year, you most likely have your own traditions – foods that must be eaten, shows that have to be seen and pictures that get snapped year after year.
If you’re visiting for the first time, you’ll soon understand. There is so much to take in that you want to make sure you don’t miss a single thing! Here’s our Christmas bucket list:
1. Picture at the Giant Wreath
The iconic photo op is located at the front entrance of the park.
2. Have a Holiday Feast
Choose from 3 mouthwatering buffet menus on the Square.
3. Get Some New Cookie Cutters
Sullivan’s Mill has the nation’s largest selection!
4. Take a Carriage Ride
Bonnie the Mule will take you on a jolly trip around the Square (available 1pm to 3pm, weather & crowd permitting).
5. Visit Phoebe Snapp Taffy & Browns Candy Factory for Stocking Stuffers
Make someone’s Christmas a little sweeter!
6. Get a Personalized Ornament at Christmas Hollow
Find the ornament that has “your name” written all over it, and the folks at Christmas Hollow will actually write your name on it for you!
7. Finish Christmas Shopping
60 shops mean that you’ll probably find something for everyone on your list.
8. Get Even More Ornaments at Jingle Bell Junction
There’s always room for a few more ornaments. There are 35, 000 to choose from here!
9. Get a Hot Apple Dumpling with Cinnamon Ice Cream
This holiday treat is only available during Christmas so don’t miss it.
10. See It’s A Wonderful Life
Red Gold Heritage Hall transforms into Bedford Falls for Silver Dollar City’s musical production based on the classic Christmas film.
11. Experience The Living Nativity
The story of Christ’s birth comes to life in the Riverfront Playhouse.
12. Hug Rudolph™ the Red-Nosed Reindeer
And, see Clarice™ as well as Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster™ at Rudolph’s Christmas Town.
13. Meet Santa Claus
The big guy is in residence at Santa Claus Lane through December 23.
14. Gingerbread Family Picture
Another festive photo op for the whole family located by Santa Claus Lane.
15. Pose For A Mistletoe Moment
Also, nearby is this super sweet picture stop for couples.
16. Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie S’more
Toast your own giant marshmallow and then sandwich between two chocolate chip cookies. Don’t forget the fudge sauce. Yum!
17. Visit the Silver Dollar Saloon
Don’t miss the Saloon gang’s holiday high jinks in Frontier Fa La La Follies.
18. See A Dickens’ Christmas Carol
Scrooge gets a soul makeover in the beloved Silver Dollar City retelling of Charles Dickens’ classic story.
19. Stop by the Wildnerness Church
Enjoy a hymn sing-along or just take some time to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of this vintage chapel.
20. Get a Cup of Hot Chocolate or Wassail
Warm up with a cup of hot chocolate with the works or Silver Dollar City’s famous wassail.
21. See the First Tree Lighting Ceremony
Be on the Square at 5:20pm and enjoy carols while awaiting the first spectacular lighting of the 5-story tree.
22. Get A Light Up Hat, Headband or Necklace
Make your night even brighter will illuminated accessories available on the Square.
23. See Rudolph’s Holly Jolly™ Christmas Light Parade
The most famous reindeer of all leads the way for a procession of musical floats glowing with 200,000 lights and accompanied by 45 costumed characters.
24. Get a Walking Taco
Need a snack? Walking tacos combine delicious taco goodness with convenient portability.
25. Stop by Eva & Delilah’s for a Box of Cinnamon Rolls
Don’t forget a little something for the road! Eva & Delilah’s has boxed cinnamon rolls ready to take home for breakfast…if you can stay out of them until then.
So what’s on your Christmas bucket list? An Old Time Christmas® runs select days through December 30, so start planning your perfect visit today!